Somers National Golf Club (Updated February 1, 2021)
We are open safely for golf. For reservations made with walking rates, carts may be available for rent on a first-come, first served basis. Please check availability as you arrive for your tee time.
Here are our policies and practices as we practice safe distancing and do our part in stopping the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- We are only accepting pre-paid reservations online on our website: somersnational.com
- The Pro Shop and Locker Rooms will be open - while maintaining social distancing and wearing of masks
- The driving range and practice greens are open, weather permitting
- Tee times are now spaced 12 minutes apart to allow for additional time between golfers
- Maintain social distancing (6 feet) while on the golf course, pro shop and parking lot
Golf Cart Policy:
- We are kindly enforcing two golfers per cart, however, THIS IS NOT MANDATORY. We are asking for your help. The excessive use of our fleet of golf carts has put a heavy expense on maintenance, servicing, and sanitizing of our vehicles. We have researched the application of enforcing two golfers per cart extensively to ensure YOUR safety AND ours. So long as you and your golf partner are wearing your masks while in the golf cart you are abiding by the state mandate of wearing a protective barrier while social distancing is not possible. Again, this IS NOT MANDATORY.
- In asking for your help to safely execute the rest of our season here at Somers National Golf Club, we want to assure you this decision does not come as a punishment or discrimination against those of who feel your safety comes in keeping your distance from others. We are still operating as a business and must make decisions to support ourselves as such.
- If carts are not available, golfers may share a cart and alternate riding/walking with both bags on the cart.
- Golfers who still wish to play as “One golfer per cart” and when carts are available, will be asked to pay for the use of the entire cart not just half:
18 hole cart single rider (Weekdays prior to 4 pm) – $20.00 per player
18 hole cart single rider (Weekdays after 4 pm) – $10.00 per player
18 hole cart single rider (Weekends prior to 10 am) – $30.00 per player
18 hole cart single rider (Weekends between 10 am and 4 pm) – $20.00 per player
18 hole cart single rider (Weekends after 4 pm) – $10.00 per player
- When booking your tee time, it will indicate whether a cart is included in the rate. If it's identified as a "Walking" rate, you may upgrade to a cart, depending on availability, when you check in at the Course.
- Pull carts may be available to rent based on availability; Guests are encouraged to bring their own push carts
Daily Golf Operating Practices:
- Check-in will be managed outside by a staff representative
- The Pro Shop is open but we require masks for entry
- We’ve removed all ball washers, water coolers, and rakes from the course
- Cups at each hole are inverted to allow a shallow cup - Please do not touch the pins/flag sticks at any time!
Players Guidelines and Practices
If possible, please bring your own sanitizing items for your hands and high touch areas. We ask that all members and visitors to be diligent and practice the following:
- Active "Social Distancing" (6 feet apart) - Please Be Mindful and Responsible
- Use your own pen/pencil
- Do not exchange scorecards, tees, balls, ball markers
- Leave the flags/pins in the hole at all times
- No handshakes/High fives
- The cleaning air hoses will not be available for use
- Sanitize your hands before and after round
- Assist us in keeping our staff safe by disposing all of your garbage responsibly at the end of your round.
Please act responsibly as you enjoy the outdoors and your round of golf at Somers National!