Golf Programs & Clinics
We proudly support the following Local High Schools (practices and matches)
- John F Kennedy Catholic High School, Somers, New York
- Somers High School, Somers, New York
- The Harvey School, Katonah, New York
Junior Golf Clinics
Our clinics will be held Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 12:30 pm OR 12:30 pm to 4 pm (lunch is included with both sessions)
Each session is limited to 8 participants with two instructors
Junior Golf Clinic Dates for Summer 2020:
- June 29th to July 2nd (AM - Session 1; PM - Session 2) - Both Sessions Sold Out
- July 6th to July 9th (AM - Session 3; PM - Session 4) - Both Sessions Sold Out
- July 20th to July 23rd (AM - Session 5; PM - Session 6) - Both Sessions Sold Out
- July 27th to July 30th (AM - Session 7; PM - Session 8) - Both Sessions Sold Out
- August 3rd to August 6th (AM - Session 9; PM - Session 10) - Both Sessions Sold Out
- August 10th to August 13th (AM - Session 11) - Session Sold Out
- August 10th to August 13th (PM - Session 12) ** Session 12 is for Juniors Ages 14 to 17 Only ** - Sold Out
FOR GIRLS & BOYS, AGES 8 to 14 for Sessions 1 to 11; AGES 14 to 17 only for Session 12
The focus of our program will be teaching basic golf techniques. Golf rules and etiquette will also be incorporated throughout. Clinic participants will spend time on the range as well as on the golf course refining their skills while supervised by Rich Corsetti, director of instruction, and Jason Schmahl, assistant instructor with specific experience with youth training. These techniques will help improve their games as well as behavior on and off the course. Practice stations will be set up throughout the day to include: 1) swing mechanics, 2) grip, stance and ball striking, 3) driving, chipping and driving, and 4) on course management. The instruction will be personal... only 4 students per instructor!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is this clinic open to beginners? Yes! We welcome all juniors at various levels. We'll tailor the instruction based on individual need and have small groups arranged by their skill level. With only 8 students per session, we'll be able to closely observe each student's development and progression. Our goal is to have every student/camper create and enhance their love of the sport!
2. Will golf clubs be provided? We encourage any student who has their own clubs to bring them. We do have junior club loaner sets available for our campers.
3. Can my son/daughter be paired with a friend? Given that the total size of the group will be no larger than 8, it's highly likely they will be together for most of the exercises and instruction. More emphasis will be placed on instruction and pairings for that session will depend on the areas of focus.
4. What are the drop off & pickup times? Please plan to have your child dropped off before 9 am and picked up at 12:30 pm (for the morning session). The drop off for the afternoon session is 12:30 with a 4 pm pickup for the afternoon session. Lunch will end at 12:30 for the morning session and will start at 12:30 for the afternoon session. Please let us know if your child as any allergies that we should be aware of. A FAQ and waiver form will be sent out prior to the start of the Clinics.
5. What if there is inclement weather? We will send out a group text if there is inclement weather. It is unlikely that we will cancel a session but if we do, Friday will be the make up day.
"The Best Camp Ever", "The Kids are Loving the Sport", and "The Clinic is an Amazing Value"... These are just some of the comments from parents after our clinics last summer at the Somers National Golf Club.
You can register below by clicking the registration link at the bottom of the page.
Town of Somers Programs
We are excited to announce a series of programs in conjunction with the Town of Somers Recreation & Parks Department. We're launching a number of different programs just for Town of Somers Residents starting with Junior Clinics in August and Adult Clinics (for beginners) in August and September 2020. You can register below by clicking the registration link at the bottom of the page.
Women, Saturdays, 10 to 11 am (Session 3: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26)
Men, Saturdays, 11:30 am to 12:30 pm (Session 4: 9/12, 9/19, 9/26)
Where: Somers National Golf Club
Instructor: Rich Corsetti, Head Golf Professional; Jason Schmahl, Asst. Golf Professional
Resident Fee: $125 per session
Register Online Here